From: Peper <peper@×××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local.start and sending an email
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 13:47:46
1 > I did note something I consider quite odd, though. While rebooting,
2 > local.start runs right _before_ inittab starts to bring the system to
3 > runlevel 3.
4 >
5 > A couple thing here.
6 >
7 > rc-status shows /etc/init.d/local as part of the _default_ runlevel.
8 >
9 > /etc/init.d/local stop - warns about shutting a boot service. This
10 > warning only happens the first time it is stopped after a reboot.
11 > Subsequent stops and starts produce no warnings.
12 >
13 > It looks to me like _local_ is for some reason being started earlier
14 > than it should, or my understanding of the boot process is limited.
15 Strange for me. Maybe your local is added to both runlevels? Check rc-status
16 boot. If it's not i would try rc-update add local boot and then rc-update del
17 boot.
20 Best Regards,
21 Peper
22 --