From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-Up sys-lib/ss breaks Apps
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 02:01:46
1 At Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:47:51 -0500 kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > Ron Bickers wrote:
4 >> On Fri July 8 2005 01:38 am, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>Which is a huge bummer since most of us don't go checking the ebuilds
7 >>>for these specific lines. How I wish It would just abort and BLAST the
8 >>>Einfo on the screen for me to see the next day and decide to do it
9 >>>manually.
10 >> I have this concern as well. Also, when emerging multiple packages,
11 >> the helpful and sometimes necessary output at the end of each merge
12 >> is easily missed as the next package begins. It would be nice to at
13 >> least have these messages logged somewhere. Are they? Can they be
14 >> without patching portage?
15 >>
16 > mkdir /var/log/portage
17 > echo "PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage" >> /etc/make.conf
18
19 Although I didn't check this particular case, it is normally true that
20 emerge generates *two* logs in the directory for each build. The
21 large one contains the normal stuff (e.g., compiler output); the small
22 one contains the important tidbits such as those mentioned above.
23
24 allan
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list