From: Travis Osterman <tosterman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Protecting a package in package.keywords?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 22:06:50
1 I needed to unmask ivtv by placing it in my
2 /etc/portage/package.keywords as "media-tv/ivtv". Now I'd like to
3 have my system not ask me to ever upgrade it again until the newer
4 version is required as a dependency of some other program.
5
6 I thought that putting "=media-tv/ivtv-0.9.0" (where 0.9.0 is my
7 current version) in /etc/portage/package.mask would be the solution,
8 but when I "emerge ivtv -pv" it wants to upgrade to "0.9.1".
9
10 I commented out the line in package.keywords thinking maybe if it was
11 already installed and masked that portage would ignore it. The result
12 of this was portage wanted to downgrade to the more 'stable' 0.8.x -
13 which is also not the desired result.
14
15 Is there a way to not upgrade to 0.9.1 without emerge'ing ivtv with
16 the '-1' option or using package.provided (as it seems to circumvent
17 portage's dependency checking)? Thanks.
18
19 -- Travis
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list