From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] udev hanging
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 05:54:06
1 I have an amd64 system with an old 3.3.x kernel. Recently (I think after
2 last udev update to 217) the boot process became very slow due to "udev
3 waiting for uevents to populate /dev". After a minute or so udev prints
4 something about a lazy device (a TV tuner) then the boot continues.
5
6 Yesterday I tried to update the kernel to 4.0.2. On first boot no udev
7 delay. Then I had to reboot into 3.3.x and from then on 4.0.2 does not
8 boot any more, it hangs endlessly in the "udev waiting" state. 3.3.x
9 still behaves as before (slow but works).
10
11 I removed the TV tuner hardware but no change.
12
13 Since problems in 4.x started after I booted into 3.x, could it be that
14 udev saved some state that makes the 4.x boot process fail?
15 Any hints to debug this issue?
16
17 thanks,
18