From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Qt5 - should I worry?
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:36:22
1 On 31/12/2015 15:37, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >> I have not found a Qt5 theme that looks Qt4-esque, but it's totally
3 >> > possible to do it.
4 >> >
5 >> > I think in your case, you should go back to Qt4 until a quality theme is
6 >> > available for Qt5 that you like. Do keep in mind that Qt4 is already a
7 >> > good distance down the end-of-life process so you will have to switch to
8 >> > Qt5 some time (but not today or tomorrow)
9 > Oh, I haven't abandoned Qt4 yet. It's my main, everyday system, while the
10 > Qt5 one is just for playing with via dual boot.
14 One of the problems with themes is that so many of them are really just
15 the shipped theme with a few things tweaked - some colours, background
16 translucency, maybe some spacing.
17
18 Very few themes seem to do anything really different. KDE for netbooks
19 is one exception I can think of. The various gnome-kde compatibility
20 themes are another.
26 Alan McKinnon
27 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com