From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about xorg and a kill process
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 04:30:38
1 I know the subject is a bit lacking but here goes. I'm thinking about
2 trying this xorg-server upgrade again. I been thinking about a way to
3 do this and not have to pull the plug on my rig if it fails, which I bet
4 it does. This is the command I am thinking about trying.
5
6 /etc/init.d/xdm start && sleep 5m && /etc/init.d/xdm stop
7
8 I'm thinking this way. Start X first. If it fails, it will stop in 5
9 minutes and come back to a console. Think this will work? If xorg
10 works, I can switch back to a console and ctrl C the command and carry on.
11
12 Thoughts? Better ideas?
13
14 Dale