From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: can one tell me: gentoo vs opensuse
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 20:16:42
1 On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 06:40:03PM +0100, Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM, LinuxIsOne <linuxisone@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 11:28 AM, Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > >> In fact, I like gentoo and FreeBSD best for low-spoec hardware.
6 > >
7 > > What does low-spec hardware mean?
8 >
9 > Whatever the default setup of the latest release of Ubuntu runs
10 > sluggish on. (Or what a previous version of Ubuntu ran on, but current
11 > versions won't)
12 >
13 > While somewhat flippant, that seems a pretty reasonable way to think about it.
16 Seems to me Ubuntu is sluggish no matter what hardware you have.
17 Peopple pay such a high price to avoid learning anything...
18
19 But I was thinking more about anything x86 or ppc and single core,
20 or stuff like intel atom. Anything ARM. Anything pre core2duo from
21 intel, for sure, as well as any ppc Mac.
24 caveat utilitor