From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How cam I get system to recognize MagicSysReq while in X gui?
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:36:33
1 On Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2007, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 05:53:18AM +0100, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote
3 >
4 > > Another thing you can try: add something you want to be done (like
5 > > switching to a vt or a certain sysrq-key) to your acpid config and let
6 > > acpid run. If the keyboard hangs, just push the power button ...
7 > >
8 > > for example:
9 > > event=.*
10 > > action=chvt 1
11 > >
12 > > in /etc/acpi/events/default switches to vt1 if you push the power button.
13 > > Pretty usefull, if X is in deep shit mode again.
14 >
15 > <ELVIS>
16 > Thank you, thank you, thank you verrry verrry much!
17 > </ELVIS>
18 >
19 > This is a wonderful idea, and I have it implemented now. For the
20 > benefit of anyone else who's interested, here are the steps I took
23 got it from this ml or the gentoo-forums. Was not my idea. But is very
24 helpfull if X has totally eaten the keyboard but interrupts are still
25 delivered.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list