From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev-197 moves from /usr/lib to /lib
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 22:59:46
1 On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 10:42:37AM -0600, Canek Pel??ez Vald??s wrote
3 >
4 >> No, because the problem has never been in udev (nor systemd, for that
5 >> matter). It fixes how *Gentoo* packages udev; probably the devs read
6 >> the following comment from Lennart (note it was written almost a month
7 >> ago):
8 >>
9 >> https://plus.google.com/u/0/115547683951727699051/posts/jcCjMct3SJ3
10 >
11 > The systemd defenders are using "separate /usr" as a "wookie defense"
12 > in an attempt to divert attention form the main issue. Separate /usr
13 > is actually a secondary issue. The main issue is whether or not we get
14 > systemd rammed down our throats. Lennart and Kay are the people
15 > responsible for scaring others into mdev and/or eudev.
16
17 Ubuntu wants systemd even less than Gentoo. I will not be surprised if
18 Gentoo makes systemd the recommended default before Ubuntu. And yet,
19 Ubuntu doesn't want to fork udev, and actually a Canonical employee
20 has git access to the udev/systemd tree.
21
22 Regards.
23 --
24 Canek Peláez Valdés