From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upside/downside to including config files in quickpkg?
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 02:16:18
1 chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
2 > On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:39:48 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
5 >> Volker is. I am not sure I am and I'm not sure that Neil was talking
6 >> about quickpkg which is what I am using so far. The command
7 >>
8 >> quickpkg --include-configs
9 >>
10 >> says it includes the configs. That's what I thought we (you and I
11 >> Alan) were talking about.
12 >>
13 >> On the other hand I presumed (apparently incorrectly) that the
14 >> FEATURES="buildpkg" (which is what I think Neil is speaking about)
15 >> gave me the same option but I now guess it doesn't.
16 >>
17 > I was talking about the difference between quickpkg and buildpkg in
18 > response to your statement "One thing I haven't found so far is what to
19 > put in make.conf to get the buildpkg feature to include the configs."
22 I'm not sure that is doable actually. If you use buildpkg, there is no
23 config except the "virgin" one that comes from the tarball. From my
24 understanding, emerge builds the package, saves a copy to
25 /usr/portage/All then installs the package to where ever it goes,
26 presumably /.
27
28 I think I see what you mean but I don't think there is anything to be
29 saved since it is not installed when it is done. Someone correct me if
30 I am wrong here.
31
32 Dale
33