From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: SOLVED - Re: [gentoo-user] Merging separate /usr back into / - one last time...
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 19:42:21
1 On 2013-12-03 8:19 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Current command I'll be using:
3 >
4 > rsync -avHP --numeric-ids /mnt/gentoo/oldusr/ /mnt/gentoo/usr/
5
6 Well, that was about as uneventful as it gets...
7
8 Took all of 6 minutes (and almost all of that was rsyncing /usr)...
9
10 Made a forum post in case anyone else wants to do this and may be a
11 little hesitant like I was...
12
13 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7457324.html#7457324
14
15 Thanks to all who patiently answered my questions...
16
17 I now have /usr merged back into / and no longer have to choose between
18 using an intramfs (which I vehemently did not want to do) and updating
19 my system without fear of breakage.
20
21 <whew>