From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local.start and sending an email
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:28:39
1 On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:48:43 -0500, John J. Foster wrote:
2
3 > I tried changing this to
4 >
5 > /usr/bin/date | /usr/bin/mutt -s 'System restarted' myemail@myprovider
6 >
7 > and get the same segmentation fault.
8
9 Isn't mutt overkill for this? Do you really need a full MUA on a server.
10 I use mail for this sort of thing, emerge mailx.
11
12 Having said that, it would be useful to find out why mutt is segfaulting.
13 You can eliminate and environment differences by sourcing /etc/profile
14 before running it. I find this often helps with cron scripts.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Minds are like parachutes; they only function when fully open. * Sir
21 James Dewar