From: "Nelson
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with dbus
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:10:49
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Statux [mailto:statux@×××××××××.net]
3 > Sent: 26 January 2007 03:48
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Problems with dbus
8 > update-eix fixed the one issue. I don't usually run
9 > update-eix (though I
10 > did recently) because I swear it seems to catch a lot of
11 > changes on its
12 > own :-)
13
14 Rather than do `emerge --sync` I do `eix-sync`. To my knowledge (not always infallible...) this runs `emerge --sync` then `update-eix`. Then I can go and make a cup of tea or something. Or, in some cases `eix-sync && emerge -puD world` to see what updated packages I might want :)
15
16 Anyway, I'll stop now as I'm maybe rambling a little off topic.
17
18 David
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list