From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Systemd reaches "target Emergency Mode" every boot
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:08:26
1 On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 27.01.2013 22:08, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
3 >
4 >> udev-197 in the tree installs everything to /; systemd-197 installs to
5 >> /usr. I'm pretty sure that is not going to end well; I haven't
6 >> upgraded to 197 in neither package.
7 >
8 > "forking" this thread:
9 >
10 > decided to give systemd another chance here and edited my $USE in
11 > make.conf: " ... -consolekit systemd ... " (correct?)
12 >
13 > emerge -avuDN world ... now brought me systemd-197-r1 which booted OK here.
14 >
15 > I have issues with starting the rebuilt gdm now, maybe related to the
16 > consolekit-issue?
17 >
18 > My /etc/systemd has to be cleaned up as it contains stuff from back then
19 > and I have to get network etc. configured right.
20 >
21 > But overall it booted OK ...
22
23 I saw that mgorny unmasked systemd, and I'm installing it as of right
24 now. I hope to have no problems, but I still don't know how they
25 managed to install udev in / and systemd in /usr without problems.
26 Perhaps it will "just work" as long as /usr is not in its own
27 partition, or you use an initramfs.
28
29 Regards.
30 --