From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_NICENESS for real
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 01:01:52
1 On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 17:13 -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > I'm using PORTAGE_NICENESS="19" in
3 > /etc/make.conf and it helps but not enough.
4
5 meetoo! I've noticed it helps with cpu allocation, but not with the
6 disk. If you're emerging something like sources, or openoffice, portage
7 still gets too much disk "time" and other processes suffer. nice
8 doesn't seem to affect disk access.
12 The naked truth of it is, I have no shirt.
13 -- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list