From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: scanner problem : latest
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 20:10:24
1 On Tue, 24 Jul 2018 10:14:32 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > > For future reference, start the Mint installer with "ubiquity -b",
4 > > then it doesn't install a boot loader at all
5 > > and you can add it to your Gentoo bootloader after rebooting.
6 >
7 > I started the Mint installer by clicking on its desktop button.
8 > What is 'ubiquity' & how would I use it ?
9
10 Ubiquity is the installer prom, which is run by the desktop icon with no
11 arguments. Running it from a terminal with -b means no bootloader is
12 installed.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "Time is the best teacher....., unfortunately it kills all the students"