From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: scanner problem : latest
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:14:45
1 180723 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:04:26 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> Linux Mint 19 leads you along to a point where you've told it
4 >> where to install, you click 'proceed' & it chugs along nicely,
5 >> then it says it's trying to install a bootloader
6 >> without asking whether you want it to or where to do it.
7 > For future reference, start the Mint installer with "ubiquity -b",
8 > then it doesn't install a boot loader at all
9 > and you can add it to your Gentoo bootloader after rebooting.
10
11 I started the Mint installer by clicking on its desktop button.
12 What is 'ubiquity' & how would I use it ?
13
14 > WinErr 018: Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed.
15 > Buy a new one. Old Windows licence is not valid anymore.
16
17 That's how I felt for 30 min after Mint played its dirty trick above (grin).
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca