From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: scanner problem : latest
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 22:29:17
1 On Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:04:26 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > However, I've just escaped fr another beast, ie Linux Mint 19 :
4 > DON'T try to install it alongside Gentoo !!
5 >
6 > This beast leads you along to a point where you've told it where to
7 > install -- a partition on my HDD (sdb5) -- ,
8 > you click 'proceed' & it chugs along nicely for some time,
9 > then it says it's trying to install a bootloader
10 > without asking whether you want it to or where to do it.
11
12 For future reference, start the Mint installer with "ubiquity -b", then t
13 doesn't install a boot loader at all and you can add it to your Gentoo
14 bootloader after rebooting.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 WinErr 018: Unrecoverable error - System has been destroyed. Buy a new
21 one. Old Windows licence is not valid anymore.