From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Sound card drivers must be modules?
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 17:25:24
1 >> I'm trying to configure my laptop's internal sound card and external
2 >> USB sound card.  I have /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf:
3 >>
4 >> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
5 >> options snd-hda-intel index=0
6 >>
7 >> alias snd-card-1 snd-usb-audio
8 >> options snd-usb-audio index=1
9 >>
10 >> and restarting alsasound I get:
11 >>
12 >> WARNING: Module snd_hda_intel not found.
13 >> WARNING: Module snd_usb_audio not found.
14 >>
15 >> Do I have to compile both drivers as modules in order to use them both?
16 >
17 > For the built-in chip, no.
18
19 But I get the warning about "Module snd_hda_intel not found" which is
20 the built-in chip.
21
22 - Grant
25 > For the USB card, not if you have it plugged in at boot time.  But better
26 > build this one as a module since USB devices can be plugged in and out at
27 > random.