From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] escape from i3lock
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 20:53:10
1 On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 15:23:08 -0400, Alec Ten Harmsel wrote:
2
3 > > It bothers me that even when i3lock has locked the X session, I can
4 > > still switch to other Linux virtual consoles with Alt-Control-F<n> ,
5 > > without typing the password. It so happens that on one of the other
6 > > virtual consoles there is often an interactive root shell :-P
7 > >
8 > > So, is it possible to prevent virtual console switching while the X
9 > > screen is locked, but still allow it at other times? Looks like
10 > > something the locker program would have to do, not the X server; but
11 > > again I don't know much about this stuff.
12 >
13 > Which init are you using, what display manager, and how are you
14 > launching it? I'm using systemd and sddm, and when I run `i3lock', I
15 > cannot switch to different virtual consoles.
16
17 I use slock for this with the same problem. I just tried i3lock, with
18 systemd and sddm, and I can still switch to a virtual console.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 If it ain't broke, break it and charge for repair.