From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Autoloading modules..,
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 04:37:28
1 Canek Peláez Valdés <caneko@×××××.com> [12-03-02 05:32]:
2 > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I want to load snd-seq since the /dev/snd/seq device comes up with the
6 > > wrong permission, if this modules is not loaded. The result is a
7 > > defunct qjackctrl.
8 > >
9 > > I entered
10 > >
11 > >    snd-seq
12 > >
13 > > into
14 > >
15 > >    /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-3.2
16 > >
17 > > and it does *not* autoload.
18 > >
19 > > I am running
20 > >
21 > >    Linux 3.2.9
22 > >
23 > > (vanilla kernel).
24 > >
25 > > What do have to do additionally to acchieve what I had intended?
26 > >
27 > > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
28 >
29 > Probably not the answer you are looking for but, why do you not
30 > compile the module directly into the kernel?
31 >
32 > Regards.
33 > --
34 > Canek Peláez Valdés
35 > Posgrado en Ciencia e Ingeniería de la Computación
36 > Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
39 I heard -- not only in this list -- that loading modules, that
40 supports hardware, is better than integration the according
41 modules into the kernel.
42
43 Best regards,
44 mcc