From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde 3.5.9 revdep-rebuild
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 14:50:32
1 James <wireless <at> tampabay.rr.com> writes:
4 > Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
5
6 > > Same thing happened to me because midway I had to stop the emerge
7 and restart
8 > > it later. The solution is to emerge all the other packages first from the
9 > > original emerge, without downgrading kde-base/kdelibs, &
10 > > kde-base/libkdegames.
11
12 kdelibs was the culprit. Rebuilding that with an explicit USE flag for
13 aRTS allowed the rest of the packages to build successfully.
16 > I'm going to log out and back in to see if this makes any difference.
20 Yep, after rebooting (exiting kde hung) all is fine now.
21
22 Thanks to all that contributed to the solution.
26 James
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list