From: Norberto Bensa <nbensa@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pratical question about portage tree
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:32:55
1 Nick Rout wrote:
2 > OTOH your approach has problems in that not all files reside on gentoo
3 > mirrors, some reside on sourceforge or other more obscure places.
4
5 Yup. I know.
6
7 I did it that way because I used to have dialup (I'm on cablemodem now) and
8 the only places I knew with broadband were using Windows, so I just made a:
9
10 G:
11 wget -i list.txt
12
13 G: was my 1GB pendrive :-P
16 > run:
17 >
18 > for package in `cat packlist` ; do DISTDIR="/where/ever/i/want"
19 > GENTOO_MIRRORS="local /usr/portage/distfiles" USE="-* `cat B.uselist`
20 > emerge --nodeps -f =$package; done
21
22 Good approach. I haven't tested but it should work.
26 > Certainly, like most of linux, there is more than one way to do it. :-)
27
28 That's why I like Linux ;-)
31 Best regards,
32 Norberto