From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Very Slow - Failed Sleep Command
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:07:59
1 On Wednesday 12 April 2006 01:45, Lord Sauron wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > This happened once before in Kubuntu, though this time I was more
5 > alert and know what I did right before this happened. So what did
6 > transpire?
7 >
8 > I sent my laptop into sleep mode via the popup menu on the battery
9 > monitor in KDE. It did this, however, when the machine came out of
10 > sleep mode, there was no monitor. It wasn't on. I tried my basic set
11 > of tricks: try and change the screen brightness; try and switch
12 > monitors via the key combo on the laptop; close the lid and re-open
13 > it; press the key combo to turn the monitor off; press the key combo
14 > to go back to sleep mode (didn't work).
15 >
16 > Eventually I picked a button that did work: POWER. The system shut
17 > down normally! After X11 died, it went back the the framebuffer and
18 > acted like nothing had happened.
19 >
20 > However, right after this, KDE has been acting *really* slow. Much
21 > slower than it should. # top revealed that artsd, xorg, and kded were
22 > eating cpu time. This is the same behaviour as on Kubuntu before. I
23 > suspect the cause was the same, however, I don't remember exactly so I
24 > won't point fingers.
25 >
26 > Do any of you know what this is? Do you think if I recompiled xorg,
27 > kde, and arts if it'd fix the problem? Or, even better, is there a
28 > way to axe all the configuration settings and see if that fixes the
29 > problem? Please help, I think it's affecting Gnome as well (scary!)
30
31 recompiling will fix NOTHING.
32
33 There are a lot of temporary files in /tmp and ~ / remove them and see if the
34 problem is still there.
35 All KDE related configs are in ~/.kde3.5 (.kde3.4), so (re)moving that sets
36 KDE back to its 'fresh' state.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list