From: "A. R." <feoymalo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Which filesystem for a notebook?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:45:42
1 On 8/9/05, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 (snip)
4
5 > XFS is good for a laptop as it is less likely to suffer a sudden failure
6 > than a desktop, the battery acts as a UPS. As long as you run some sort
7 > of battery monitor that shuts the computer down cleanly when battery
8 > levels become critical, power loss should not be an issue.
11 Absolutely.
12 I have been using XFS in my IBM Thinkpad for months now without any problems.
13 XFS seems to be well suited for laptop use when things are configured
14 as you just described.
15
16 Regards,
17
18 - AR
22 The absence of war does not mean peace.
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list