From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome3 haters: you should try the new cinnamon-1.6.1
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:56:42
1 On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 05:23:44 -0700, walt wrote:
2
3 > In fact, I blame all the new problems with both gnome3 and kde4
4 > on video compositing. All the whiz-bang kids doing desktop
5 > development are determined to use compositing anywhere they can
6 > possibly use it, even if it's silly.
7
8 KDE has a checkbox to enable/disable it, and it is disabled by default if
9 the system hardware is unsuitable. I agree about the unnecessary
10 proliferation of hardware-hammering eye candy, but have no problems with
11 it being there as long as it's optional.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 The best antiques are old friends.