From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] su in konsole takes much longer to complete in KDE 4.5.1
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:06:24
1 On Monday 20 September 2010 11:38:15 pm Thomas Drueke wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I installed KDE 4.5.1 over the weekend following the
5 > "remove-all-old-kde-packages-first" approach on the gentoo webpage. So
6 > far everything seems to be fine except one thing.
7 >
8 > When I type "su -" in konsole it takes 20-30 seconds to complete.
9 > Doing the same on a text console the command completes immediately.
10
11 odd im running 4.5.1 and dont experince this.
12
13 > Any ideas what might cause the delay or how to get more close to the
14 > root cause ?
15
16 you could try it on xterm or any other terminal emulator for that matter.
19 - Yohan Pereira.