From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NFS and portage tree
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:11:58
1 Hi folks, here comes an interesting little problem.
2
3 I have two boxes, A and B, both running gentoo. Box B has got a full portage
4 tree, box A has none but nfs mounts it from B. This has worked for me for
5 several years.
6
7 Since some update lately, A can not nfs mount /usr/portage (or anything else)
8 from B. NFS mount is broken. I know that emerging nfs-utils will cure the
9 problem. On the other hand, I can not emerge nfs-utils on A without nfs
10 working. Hic rhodos, hic salta!
11
12 Anybody with an idea other than re-installing A?
13
14 Hm... Maybe with a livecd and chrooting.
15
16 Uwe
19 If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
20 is he still lying?
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list