From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS and portage tree
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:27:26
1 On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:06:11 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
2
3 > Since some update lately, A can not nfs mount /usr/portage (or anything
4 > else) from B. NFS mount is broken. I know that emerging nfs-utils will
5 > cure the problem. On the other hand, I can not emerge nfs-utils on A
6 > without nfs working. Hic rhodos, hic salta!
7
8 Set compatible CFLAGS etc. on B and emerge --buildpkgonly nfs-utils. Then
9 copy the package from $PKGDIR/All/nfs-utils-* to A using sneakernet and
10 unpack it into /. Then mount /usr/portage and emerge nfs-utils to make
11 sure it is installed properly.
12
13 Alternative, and less kludgy, solution. Tar up /usr/portage on B, unpack
14 it on A.
15
16 This reminds me of why I let each machine have its own portage tree and
17 run a local rsync mirror :)
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy.