From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NFS and portage tree
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 11:34:09
1 On 09 November 2007, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:06:11 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
3 > > Since some update lately, A can not nfs mount /usr/portage (or anything
4 > > else) from B. NFS mount is broken. I know that emerging nfs-utils will
5 > > cure the problem. On the other hand, I can not emerge nfs-utils on A
6 > > without nfs working. Hic rhodos, hic salta!
7 >
8 > Set compatible CFLAGS etc. on B and emerge --buildpkgonly nfs-utils. Then
9 > copy the package from $PKGDIR/All/nfs-utils-* to A using sneakernet and
10 > unpack it into /. Then mount /usr/portage and emerge nfs-utils to make
11 > sure it is installed properly.
12
13 Thanks, Neil. Fortunately, the idea about a livecd and chroot worked. A can
14 nfs mount again.
17 > Alternative, and less kludgy, solution. Tar up /usr/portage on B, unpack
18 > it on A.
19
20 Too big a thing for A. There is a reason why it doesn't have its own portage
21 tree. ;-)
22
23 Uwe
26 If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
27 is he still lying?
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list