From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What can cause printer to crop top of page?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 22:36:12
1 On Thursday, 21 December 2017 21:24:57 GMT Jack wrote:
2 > I may be grabbing at straws here, but what happens if you print
3 > something in landscape? Is the trimmed edge the new top (long edge) or
4 > still the same short edge?
5
6 Aha! Good call. In landscape the cropping takes place on the left (short)
7 edge, not the top of the page.
10 > Does the same happen with other apps? browser, emacs, gimp (just make
11 > a simple line drawing), pdf display, image viewer, ...? I'm thinking
12 > of printing things that originate as different image types - maybe one
13 > will behave differently and point to something in the process. Can you
14 > send a plain text file to the printer with lp?
15
16 I sent a page with Chromium in landscape, it cropped the left hand short edge
17 too.
18
19 PDF readers print with cropped top, in portrait.
20
21 I sent a txt file with 'lpr -o fit-to-page' in portrait and the same cropping
22 on the top of the page happens.
23
24 So it is not application specific, but page orientation specific.
25
26 Could it be something has gone wrong with the rollers? This is a brand new
27 printer!
28
29 I'll try to print a page with MSWindows tomorrow, if only to prove if this is
30 a cups problem or not.
31
32 Thanks for your suggestions!
33 --