From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde-4.4.5 &amp; Seamonkey weirdness
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:14:37
1 Adam Carter <adamcarter3 <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > Ever since my upgrade to kde-4.4.5 my seamonkey windows
6 > sporadically go black, when I move the mouse away from
7 > them. Both the Web browser and the mail client do this
8 > sporadically. Headers, toolbars and where the text appears
9 > all sporadically get into the act.
10
11 > Interesting - sounds similar to what i get - see my thread "Some corruption
12 after gnome 2.30". I rebuilt world and still have the problem. So perhaps.there
13 is something lower level than gnome/kde that causes this issue.
16 Yep, maybe you are on to something. I rebuilt seamonkey and
17 gnome-extra/evolution-data-server and still it croaks.
20 I rebuild 'system' tonight and see if that helps. I have not
21 sync'd and updated in 5 days, so I do that too. Let you know
22 what I find. Since I run kde, it must be deep below the gnome
23 or kde level.....?
24
25 Here are my seamonkey flags:
26 alsa chatzilla composer crypt cups dbus java ldap mailclient roaming
27 startup-notification -custom-optimization -gnome -system-sqlite
28
29 James