From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: evolution segfault and other b0rkage
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 03:10:28
1 On 01/11/2010 03:11 PM, Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I've done some updates around Jan 4 - 8 which has borken evolution - it
5 > segfaults when retrieving imap mail. I had a look at the trace and
6 > started recompiling (note - same versions) some random libs (libbonobo,
7 > dbus-glib, gtkhtml, etc.) and then I couldn't log in or start firefox.
8 > hm.
9 >
10 > I've recompiled further and got back to square one (there were dbus
11 > breakages for some reason) - evolution segfaults...
12
13 With multiple breakages and the sand apparently shifting beneath your
14 feet, I'd be wondering about filesystem corruption. I've been through
15 the same updates (x86 and ~amd64) and evolution is working perfectly.
16
17 Have you fsck'd your filesystems recently?