From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] links w/o benefit of X
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 05:12:04
1 Hello everybody,
2
3 On my new setup I'd like to be able to surf the web
4 using links before I try configuring X and installing
5 firefox etc. Because my modem is so beastly slow I
6 dread having to download a bunch of stuff I don't
7 really need.
8
9 But I notice in yahoo when I try to read my mail after
10 logging into my account I'm bumped to a window that
11 says my browser is not setup to go to that URL,
12 something like that. I notice, also that Ctrl-A, X, V
13 have no effect but I can move between pages using Alt
14 and the arrow keys. Is there some way to activate
15 those dead keys without having to install all the
16 usual X stuff.
17
18 -mw
19
21 Do You Yahoo!?
22 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
23 http://mail.yahoo.com
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list