From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corefonts being depcleaned?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:23:34
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:10:22 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> The corefonts is sort of odd. I thought that was a system package, or
6 >> at least it was. Is this correct?
7 >>
8 > No, it was installed as a dependency of something else that either is
9 > no longer installed or no longer requires corefonts. Here it's pulled in
10 > by
11 >
12 > % emerge --depclean -pv media-fonts/corefonts
13 >
14 > Calculating dependencies... done!
15 > media-fonts/corefonts-1-r4 pulled in by:
16 > app-emulation/wine-1.1.44
17 > media-tv/mythtv-0.22_p24255
18 > net-analyzer/ntop-3.3.10-r2
19 > www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1
22 >> I don't want to remove this unless
23 >> something else has replaced it or something. Anybody else removed this
24 >> with no ill effects?
25 >>
26 > You're not going to break your system by removing a few optional fonts.
30 These fonts have been on here for so long that I thought they were
31 something that the console used or some other system package needed.
32 After all, console has to have a font right? I just didn't want to
33 remove this, reboot and get a error that console has no fonts to display
34 or some such message. Then again, no fonts, maybe no message at all. lol
35
36 Now to see if I want these fonts and add them to the world file. I like
37 fonts. Try to keep a bunch of them lying around.
38
39 Dale
40