From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corefonts being depcleaned?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 19:33:01
1 On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > These fonts have been on here for so long that I thought they were something
3 > that the console used or some other system package needed. After all,
4 > console has to have a font right? I just didn't want to remove this, reboot
5 > and get a error that console has no fonts to display or some such message.
6 > Then again, no fonts, maybe no message at all. lol
7 >
8 > Now to see if I want these fonts and add them to the world file. I like
9 > fonts. Try to keep a bunch of them lying around.
10
11 Corefonts are the Microsoft "core web fonts". Certainly not a system
12 package. Some websites might look funny without them, though. And if
13 you're using WINE they are probably a good thing to have around as
14 well.
15
16 Just add it to world, problem solved! :)