From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corefonts being depcleaned?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 20:20:37
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:22 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> These fonts have been on here for so long that I thought they were something
5 >> that the console used or some other system package needed. After all,
6 >> console has to have a font right? I just didn't want to remove this, reboot
7 >> and get a error that console has no fonts to display or some such message.
8 >> Then again, no fonts, maybe no message at all. lol
9 >>
10 >> Now to see if I want these fonts and add them to the world file. I like
11 >> fonts. Try to keep a bunch of them lying around.
12 >>
13 > Corefonts are the Microsoft "core web fonts". Certainly not a system
14 > package. Some websites might look funny without them, though. And if
15 > you're using WINE they are probably a good thing to have around as
16 > well.
17 >
18 > Just add it to world, problem solved! :)
22 Yea, it has times, ariel and a few others that I use a lot so it has to
23 stay. I was going to try without it but I use those a lot. Ariel is
24 really good for me to read with these old glasses.
25
26 At least I know it being removed was not a mistake or something. The
27 name is a little misleading too. ;-)
28
29 Thanks.
30