From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Sudden auto-unmount of an encfs-partition ... why?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2017 17:02:07
1 On 2017-05-21 17:59, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2
3 > cryptsetup seems to be of another flavor than encfs, since its depends
4 > on gpg (see below), which encfs does not use as far as I know.
5 > I think encfs uses symmetric ciphers and cryptsetup uses a pub/private
6 > key pair. But I am by no means a cryptologist (I even cant spell this
7 > correctly...or...? ;)
8
9 The binary may link to gpg, and the package may depend on it (I haven't
10 checked), but the way I use it is definitely symmetric cryptography. I
11 know enough to be sure of that.
14 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
15 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
16 Don't clear-text sign:
17 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html