From: Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to flash an LSI SAS controller from IR to IT mode on linux with sas2flsh
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 01:39:38
1 On 03/19/2018 07:02 PM, mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com wrote:
2 >
3 > A virtual machine is useful largely because it isolates the VM from
4 > the real hardware, therefore it's not likely you can update firmware
5 > from a VM (you really shouldn't be able to).
6 >
7 > The reason they still want us to upgrade with dos is it's a lowest
8 > common denominator, i.e. every one has it or can get it (freedos).  it
9 > also helps that it's a minimal enviroment.
10 >
11 > In any case, I suggest you run a REAL freedos on a Real machine, so
12 > that you can update real not virtual firmware.  i.e. no Virtual Machine.
13 >
14 > mad.scientist.at.large (a good madscientist)
15 > --
16 > God bless the rich, the greedy and the corrupt politicians they have
17 > put into office.   God bless them for helping me do the right thing by
18 > giving the rich my little pile of cash.  After all, the rich know what
19 > to do with money.