From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck check of /usr on a separate partition fails during boot
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:44:55
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 23:16:19 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> I run OpenRC and the kernel command line says where / is for mounting
5 > And the kernel mounts it ro, openrc remounts/ rw later on. It seems the
6 > problem here is the initramfs mounting /usr rw before the attemt to run
7 > fsck. If I felt like finger-pointing, I'd be tempted to point at the
8 > initramfs.
12 That's my thinking as well.  If one is using a init thingy, the init
13 thingy should be checking those, / and /usr at the least.  It seems it
14 has two fingers pointing at it now.  ;-)
15
16 Dale
17