From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google privacy changes
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 16:14:23
1 On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 8:34 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >>>> I guess you mean https://panopticlick.eff.org/
3 >>>>
4 >>>
5 >>> My results from work:
6 >>>
7 >>> Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 1,939,102 tested so far.
8 >>>
9 >>> Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
10 >>> conveys at least 20.89 bits of identifying information.
11 >>>
14 >> Funny, I get exactly the same thing except add one to the large number.
15 >>  I guess you tested before I did.  How does one avoid this but still
16 >> have sites work?
17 >
18 > Well, I just went to the same site using a Chrome 'incognito' browser,
19 > and got this:
20 >
21 >   Within our dataset of several million visitors, only one in 969,560
22 > browsers have the same fingerprint as yours.
23 >
24 >   Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
25 > conveys 19.89 bits of identifying information.
26
27 Within our dataset of visitors, one in 0 browsers have the same
28 fingerprint as yours.
29
30 Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that
31 conveys INF bits of identifying information.
32
33 I think I broke it. I win? :)