From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DontZap and Ctrl+Alt+Bs
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:45:07
1 On 24 Jul, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:16:34 +0300 (EEST), Igor Nemilentsev wrote:
3 >
4 >> > complain to the fedora idiots who thought that zapping is not needed
5 >> > anymore?
6 >> I don't know but do fedora's developers have an very serious
7 >> influence on Xorg development ?
8 >
9 > According to man xorg.conf, DontVTSwitch and DontZap both default to off.
10 > I can see the use for such options, when you don't want your users
11 > exiting X or even specific programs, but the default seems sensible. Is
12 > it just Fedora that change the defaults?
13
14 No, it's Gentoo itself.
15 Running xorg-server-1.6.2-r1 (+hal)
16
17 It seems a 'hal' 'feature' see the post of Igor this morning,
18 Helmut.
22 Helmut Jarausch
23
24 Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik