From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] compiz-fusion, emerald and xfce
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 19:17:03
1 Hi,
2
3 for some reason I do not get compiz-fusion running with xfce. I
4 installed from portage tree and not from xeffects overlay. I want to use
5 emerald as window decorator. Therefore I added in ccsm under "window
6 decorations -> command" emerald --replace. Using "compiz-start" seems to
7 start compiz, but not emerald, since I do not get window frames. I also
8 tried a small start script:
9
10 #!/bin/bash
11 compiz --replace &
12 sleep 5
13 emerald --replace
16 This does not work, too!
17
18 Any ideas how to get xfce and compiz running together?
19
20 By the way, I was using compiz from the xeffects overlay, starting it
21 fusion-icon, which worked fine. But after upgrading to portage tree
22 compiz, there is no fusion-icon anymore.
23
24 Regards,
25 Marc
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list