From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Thanks for all the fish!
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 11:19:18
1 Hello, Alan.
2
3 On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:49:37PM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
4 > Apparently, though unproven, at 20:32 on Monday 06 June 2011, Alan Mackenzie
5 > did opine thusly:
6
7 > > Hi, Gentoo.
8
9 > > Just to say I'll be withdrawing from this list in a few days,
10 > > unsubscribing actually, mainly so that I can go back to being an Emacs
11 > > developer; the number of emails on both lists combined is just more than
12 > > I can handle comfortably.
13
14 > > I've counted 28 questions I've asked since late 2009, and every single
15 > > one of them bar two got good answers too. One of those two I answered
16 > > myself just after posting the email ;-), and the other is currently a
17 > > bug report.
18
19 > > I'd like to say THANK YOU to everybody who helped me get a well running
20 > > Gentoo system and patiently taught me about it, but in particular to
21 > > Alan McKinnon because he's got such a splendid name.
22
23 > Aw shucks, now you made me blush :-)
24
25 Hah!
26
27 > I know what you mean about the quality of user around here - no other list I'm
28 > on anywhere else comes close. I know I whinge a lot about the many wonderful
29 > ways Gentoo can break, but I keep coming back.
30
31 It is only the dissatisfied who advance the state of the art.
32
33 > Part of it is the ease of changing things around and trying new
34 > versions, but mostly it's because of the folks here.
35
36 Yes, I understand.
37
38 > --