From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wrong time on reboot. Not a CMOS battery problem.
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:54:51
1 On Friday 27 January 2006 21:40, Michael A. Smith wrote:
2 >
3 > That deserves looking into: I'd start with the kernel config. Maybe
4 > something about /dev/rtc?
5 >
6 Here are the outputs
7
8 -------------------------------------------
9 genbox abhay # ls -l /dev/rtc
10 ls: /dev/rtc: No such file or directory
11
12 genbox abhay # grep RTC /usr/src/linux/.config
13 # CONFIG_RTC is not set
14 # CONFIG_GEN_RTC is not set
15 CONFIG_HPET_RTC_IRQ=y
16 # CONFIG_SENSORS_RTC8564 is not set
17 # CONFIG_RTC_X1205_I2C is not set
19
20 I tried setting CONFIG_RTC to "y" but that didn't help either.
23 >But the quick fix is probably rc-update del clock.
24 >
25 I am apprehensive towards doing that. It is a boot time service. How smart
26 would it be to remove it from there. If I try that, would I break my system
27 instantaneously?
30 Regards,
31 Abhay