From: Matthias Hanft <mh@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to install mailman3 on gentoo
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 07:48:00
1 John Covici wrote:
2 > Hi. I have to convert my mailman2 to mailman3 because of the python
3 > business. I installed the appropriate packages, but their
4 > documentation as to how to set it up and upgrade mailman2 is quite
5 > inscrutible -- also it assumes ubunto and some strange python things
6 > such as installing in a virtual environment, and assumes postgresql
7 > which I might or might not want to do. Anyway, I have no idea what I
8 > am doing here, so if anyone has figured this out, I would appreciate
9 > some assistance.
10
11 Same here. My solution: I changed to mlmmj - http://mlmmj.org/ (available
12 with Portage) - and everything works fine. Configuration is done by
13 simple text files, and transferring the list members is just copy-and-paste.
14
15 If you're not stuck to mailman, you could take this into consideration.
16
17 -Matt