From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] persistent desktop (kde 4)
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 18:23:22
1 James writes:
2
3 > Well after using kde4 for a month or so on a desktop (amd64)
4 > today when I booted up the system, all the konsoles
5 > were gone.
6
7 I had similar problems with KDE 3.x a couple of times. I think the konsoles
8 still started, but all on the first desktop, and many settings were lost. So
9 made it a habit to backup my ~/.kde3.5 directory regularly, expecially every
10 time before I saved the session (I do this manually, instead of always
11 continuing the last session).
12
13 > I poked around the 'systems settings' but
14 > did not see where/how you make whatever apps. you want
15 > to be persistent (survive reboots).
16
17 I think it's the ~/.kde4.2/share/config/session directory. Good luck, I hope
18 you find your settings there. But I doubt it :(
19
20 I'm also using KDE4 for around a month now, and over all I'm happy with it.
21 I see many small bugs, many tings that worked better in 3.5, but some things
22 also have improved, and I hope the bugs get fewer and fewer, while with 3.5
23 it seems I experienced some bitrot over the time.
24
25 Good luck,
26 Wonko