From: abhay <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is recommended behavior for complete updating of an old system ?
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:06:04
1 On Saturday 12 Nov 2005 8:52 am, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > emerge sync once per week and let it run over the weekend doing updates.
3 >
4 > About once per year -
5 > - emerge sync
6 > - ufed and check out the USE flags. Some changes occur and they need a
7 > bit of cleaning.
8 > - emerge -eav system (no need to d world.)
9 > - emerge -uDNav world
10 > - python-updater
11 > - perl-cleaner all
12 > - revdep-rebuild
13 Even though I am not facing problems like the original thread starter but I
14 have always thought that what would I do a year down the lane when stuff like
15 gcc/glibc (and other important things) are upgraded in major ways. These
16 commands will help :-)
17
18 Thanks from my side.
19