From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python-updater always wants to re-emerge certain things.
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 14:05:20
1 On 2008-09-16, Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > From the times I have ran into this, it always wants to
4 > rebuild them until I remove the old version.
5
6 I do a fair bit of Python development, and I like to keep
7 multipel versions around for testing's sake.
8
9 > No clue why but it worked for me. I agree that after being
10 > recompiled it shouldn't need to do it again but it seems to do
11 > the same on my rig.
12
13 That's interesting. Seems like a bug in python-updater.
14
15 >> Definitely, but it'll have to wait until the computer can be
16 >> left up for a day or so (it's a laptop, and it's not often in
17 >> one place for that long).
21 > Yea, that can be tough on a puter that is mobile and not up for a
22 > while. It's not like OOo is a 30 minute compile or anything. It takes
23 > 6 hours or so on this desktop.
24
25 On one of my machines it took almost 20 hours the last time I
26 built it. On the laptop in question it's probably around 12.
29 Grant Edwards grante Yow! FROZEN ENTREES may
30 at be flung by members of
31 visi.com opposing SWANSON SECTS ...