From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: upgrade of xfce4 degrades terminal
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:41:14
1 On 09/21/2009 09:13 PM, Maxim Wexler wrote:
2 > Opens an identical xterm. In the original terminal it says
3 >
4 > Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
5 >
6 > before spawning the new terminal.
7 >
8 > Search results inconclusive. BTW if you google "Warning: Cannot
9 > convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct" + xfterm4 you get precisely
10 > one hit, which I believe is known as a "googlewhack".
11 >
12 > This is the terminal I want, the one I used to have:
13 >
14 > http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/terminal
15 >
16 > This is the terminal I have now:
17 >
18 > http://www.xfce.org/projects/terminal...
19
20 Is this still a problem for you? I just emerged x11-terms/terminal
21 (both versions) and both are like the one you want. Neither package
22 has anything to do with xfterm4, so maybe that's an obsolete file.